Tuesday, September 15, 2015

LIR 91515 Weekly - No Rune

Yes, it's our friendly No Rune again. Yay! This means another good week to practice our tools.

Last week was about ripples. It may have felt like a small ripple. It may have been a big one. You may not be sure what the ripple was. Regardless, we reacted and acted, chose, and moved forward. And created new ripples.

These ripples may involve new tools, new possibilities, new muscles.

So this week, we practice the basics again, with this new element added. Rather like a dance or a program. Step by step we move until we are comfortable with our form, or sure that the program runs smoothly. Then, consciously, we add another step. And we check again to make sure it's running smoothly, that the form is comfortable.

It may feel like starting over, but it's actually a continuation. The best way to ensure a solid foundation is to test the basics. I expect you'll notice that many parts are easier, though there are probably one or two you'll need to really focus on again. (If you're like me, there always are.).

No Rune - you know the drill. Breathe, step, breathe, step. New steps, possibly. New muscles, even. But it's still about your choice. Your truth. Your happiness. Step by step.

***************

Seriously, how difficult was it to move this morning?

It wasn't that I wanted to stay in bed, exactly, it was just that getting out of bed, moving through my morning ritual, even getting myself working required conscious effort. So I am very partial to the "new muscles" interpretation of the reading. And I am grateful for another week to practice. Because I for one have had a few new things either come in or open up.

We are always influenced by outside forces. Always. Even the song we hear faintly in the distance sets up a response in our brains. We react to thing automatically all the time. It's the conscious reactions which take work. And though it feels like we're (I'm) making the choice over and over to move forward in XYZ, I wonder if I'm (we're?) actually trying to wimp out. After all, if I sit down and meditate over my choices yet again, I won't have to actually do anything. And my muscles won't be so sore. Right?

Well, I hear that the best, true way to keep your muscles from being sore is to use them until they are strong enough to do the work. If I sit yet another day, that would be like starting over. And I don't want to start over. I want to keep going. My body isn't a temple, my body is a workhorse. So is my mind. And my spirit. We are most energized when we're doing. 

So, today I may be doing a little slower. But I'm still gonna be doing. And not at all watching that clock, counting my breaths until I get to officially take a break. Not at all.



I hope you have a great week,


-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment