Wednesday, January 20, 2016

LIR 11916 Weekly - Jera




"Do you believe the work is equal
 to the harvest you desire?"





What a loaded question.

If you're like me, the answer seems to be "What work?" With a lot of exclamation points.

Yes, I know the general feel of the harvest I'm working for, believing in, manifesting. I see it in the distance - a cozy cottage with trees and twinkly lights and a babbling brook. My favorite steed munching contentedly in it's own cozy place, and easy connection to all the people I love.
Or a grand store, where I can wake up in the morning and wander downstairs to do my writing in between clients and customers and random people pulled in by the atmosphere. My peeps are everywhere. My favorite steed is there too, and sometimes turns into a leer jet so I can travel to exotic places and write about them for the delight of my soul. There are classes and singing and knick-knacks and a veranda.

I can feel this. I can see it. I know I have the skills to BE it.

But between me and the cottage / store / castle of dreams is a misty expanse of nothingness. Just fog. Thick, heavy, clinging, dragging fog. Like in a video game, where the next part of the map isn't revealed until you finish all the quests on this part of the map.

And I have no idea how to clear the fog. I don't know what quests are due. I am running from screen to screen, pushing buttons and searching trunks, and nothing is working. And I can't seem to access my hints.

So, to answer the question, the work I am doing is NOT equal to the harvest. It seems to have nothing to do with the harvest. It feels like I'm spinning my wheels.

Yesterday a path-partner advised, "Just stop and step away." As in, stop stomping on the gas if I'm not getting anywhere. Stop running from screen to screen. Stop trying to figure out the fog. Quit trying to get across, or through.

Maybe sit down and have a cup of tea. Read a book. Finish my to do list - okay, start my to do list. It may not feel like it's attached to the harvest, but it is work that needs to be done. And there is still work which brings me happiness - like writing, and reading runes, and laundry.

And maybe that's the real answer. Just keep doing the happy. I know it's the answer I'm supposed to say, as a happiness practitioner. It's the answer that resonates, even though I have no idea how it will get me through, over, under, or around the fog. It's the answer I'm resisting because I CAN'T see how it will bring me to my dream.

But wheel spinning , as time consuming as it is, isn't working. It doesn't bring happiness either. And it's wasting gas.

So maybe if I focus on the happiness, the working of it will transport me directly to the next screen.

Because work that brings me joy is the only work that is equal to, worthy of, the twinkly Cottage Store and the Marvelous Steed and My People.

I don't know. It doesn't feel like the whole truth, but it feels like today's step. It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

I hope you have a great day.

-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment